I have spent most of the past week on the issue sensor. It is mostly done now, as I believe. But I did not test it yet, neither manually nor via JUnit. I will test it manually in the coming days and make an intial release. As there is no way to run a Google Project Hosting locally, the only way to make an unit test is by using the public Google Project Hosting. Though we have less control of data than running a local server, the data in a certain period of time seems consist while there is no obvious way to change history data in Google Project Hosting (Unless some one hack it within Google, which is extremely impossible).
Now the sensor collect the following data:
- Author - The author of the issue will become the owner of the sensor data.
- Issue Number - The issue number in Google Project Hosting.
- Update Number - The number of update of the issue. If the issue is just created, it will be 0.
- Status - Actually this may better to call new status because it record the new status in the change, if the status is unchanged, this Status will be empty.
- Issue link - The link to the page of this issue on Google Project Hosting website.
- Comment - The comment user make, if any.
In a second thought, the Google Group posting approach seems somehow better. If switch to this way, there is no need to use the issue updates Atom feed any more, and all data can be extract from the postings. I will see into it later.