Monday, April 6, 2009

Stuck in course work

Another week done nothing about Hackystat nor thesis... But it was a busy week because I was stuck in my course work during the whole week.

In the first half of the week, I was preparing the midterm of ICS606 Autonomous Agent, which is on Wednesday. After that, I switch to the assignment of ICS621 Analysis of Algorithm. The assignment is to design an algorithm to solve the power grid load shedding problem. It is an NP-complete problem, and it is about directed weighted graph. It took me the whole week thinking of a better algorithm. Then at the end it came out to be worst than the brainless enumeration. That is quite frustrating.

This this week, I will have to start the almost-forgot course project of Autonomous Agent. The project I choose is to further develop the Tickertape in Hackystat project, to grant it more intelligence to act as human beings. The first step will be constructing "knowledge" about user's developing behaviours from hackystat sensor data. The hard part is how to design the structure of that knowledge in a way that it not only has good representation power, but also facilitate to generate human language sentence. I am not sure where to start, design the knowledge first then the way to express it, or the opposit way.

I hope I will be able to finish the course work faster and left some time for my other jobs.

No comments: