Plan for RA, research and thesis
The first priority will be finishing the tech-report of the classroom evaluation of Hackystat in Fall 2008. Over a half of it is done. It should be finished in a few days.
The second priority, which will soon become the first, is writing the thesis about Software ICU. There are several tasks in it upon finishing the tech-report:
- Process the usage data collected in the last semester;
- Literature review on related work (software metrics, single and multiple software project management, software project portfolio, etc);
- Review the former study of Hackystat such as Telemetry.
- Philip has begun a new project called Devcathlon, which is a game about software development. It will be an interesting project to work on;
- I also want to make some improvement to Hackystat system, it includes:
- Enhance performance, java-based modularity system like Equinox and OSGi.
- Enhance the loading process panel. Current implementation is to verbose. I want to make it more concise and/or use other approach such as loading bar.
- Make improvement to let portfolio page better suit to the 9-LCD workspace. One idea will be make the input panel hiddable and introduce auto-refresh feature, but it will better with the performance enhancement.